The education began in the village in 1752, the first appointed teacher was Csánki Mihály. Opposite the church a new school building was built in 1855, the education was bilingual from ages 6 to 12 years old pupils. 574 pupils attended school in 1876, but only half of them took part regularly in the lessons in only three classrooms. They studied beside writing, reading and counting also geography,
history, nature study, even physical science and gardening. The old school building was demolished in 1904 and a new building was built which has been improved for many years and in 1968 it got its present-day form.